Ask/address an ethical question in your field of interest.
Develop/address arguments for each side of the issue, then defend your position on the issue.
this activity must include references
each student will then review this beginning on Nov 2.
1-4 are evaluated by assigning a strong(S), medium(M) or weak(W)
1. Described field of interest and described question posed.
2. Both sides of argument were presented.
3. Appropriate references were included
4. Defended position is described clearly
5. provide one useful comment
Monday, October 24, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Talk about what diversity means to you. And explain how valuing and championing diversity will help you in your career.
Post the diversity statements from 5 companies or organizations in your field of interest, comment how they are similar and/or different. How do each of these fit with your own diversity values?
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
1. Post your group's presentation.
2. Reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of the criteria established. Where these good criteria, or should there have been different criteria established?
3. Reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of the presentations as a whole. Consider the "yes" and "no" groups as a whole.
4. Reflect on the group management of your group. What went well, what did not?
5. Reflect on the personal "ethic" you felt in your group. Did you believe in your position? Where you arguing against your beliefs?
6. Did the class make the correct decision when considering the broader impacts of the global warming/climate change debate? Why?
7. Explain the statement, "What we do in the US, soon will not matter." Provide evidence to justify this statement.
8. Explain this statement, "What we do as individuals matters." Provide evidence to justify this statement.